Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Love Math

I absolutely love math. I think it's so fun! I know I'm crazy beans, but I would have loved to double major in English and math teaching. Too bad I've already taken so much time to finish one degree. But if I ever went back to school to get another bachelor's (not likely), it would definitely be in math education. I used to be so good at math! 

What inspired this post? Well, I observed a high school math class today and wished that I had math homework to do like those kids. Basically, for the first time in my life, I realized that the education that's free for us from age 5 to 18 is awesome! We get to learn so much! You'd think I would have learned that by now since I'll be providing that education to lots of people, and maybe I did already know it, but I was reminded of it today.

It's basically my life's dream to go back to Troy and teach English. I received such a good education there and I would love to be the one to pass that on to other students. Anyway, there are days when I question my career path, but today was one of those days that remind me of how much education really means and what a great profession I've chosen. Go teachers! Yay school! I might have a different attitude this weekend while I'm writing my two twenty-pagers, but for today, I love learning! I think I really will miss the constant progress that you experience when you're in school when I graduate, but hopefully I'll still get some of that from teaching.

Countdown Update!!!
1 days until March is over
2 days until General Conference
3 days until Mallory arrives in Utah
4 days until my BACHELORETTE PARTY!!
5 days until my two huge term projects are due
7 days until Eric and Gini's BIG DAY and Quinn and I drive to CA
8 days until my wedding dress fitting
9 days until Vance and Melissa's BIG DAY
10 days until we drive back to Utah
12 days until my temple recommend interview with the bishop
13 days until my LAST DAY OF CLASS in my undergraduate career
14 days until I pack up all my stuff and clear out of my house
15 days until I go blonde
16 days until my first final of the semester
17 days until my temple recommend interview with the stake president
18 days until Mallory arrives in California and my last day of work
19 days until I take my LAST FINAL (ever) and move to California
20 days until I go through the TEMPLE and my BRIDAL SHOWER
21 days until bridals/groomals
22 days until Sammy, Chase, and Kelly (and Devin?) arrive in California
23 days until the BIG DAY

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You will be such a wonderful teacher. I wish you could teach my kids! They would love you.

I often miss being in school and learning new things. Being a mom teaches me TONS, but not so much book learning. Also I feel like I have forgotten so much of my education. I would really love to go back to school and get a masters someday. Probably not until my kids are all in school or something, but I love learning too. Yay school! :)
PS-Good luck with those 20 pagers. Yikes!

Mal Pal said...

Um why didn't we ever talk about math when we hung out? Oh yeah we had prison break, lost, and a bunch of music to talk about. And boys.

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones