I'm sorry to say that I think my blog has really been going downhill for the past couple months. Mainly because I haven't posted one thing. But also because the last few posts before the blogging famine were rather short and uninteresting. I sincerely apologize for this, since I know you all check my blog everyday just hoping there will be something new and fantastic to read. I will try to avoid writing an entire essay about what's going on in my life and limit it to a semi-short list to get you all caught up.
1. My new obsession is LOST. It's consuming my life, including my thoughts and my dreams. I think I've had more dreams about LOST in the last month than I've had about my real life and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that since mothering Sawyer's child was one of the best, but also most strange moments of my dream life. I am currently on episode 13 of season 4 and at the rate I'm going, I'll be done by the time the final season starts on February 2nd.
2. I started the English Teaching program at BYU and have been helping out a teacher at Oak Canyon Jr. High for the past week. I'm teaching once this week and once next week and then I will go to Lone Peak High School and help a teacher out there for three weeks. It's fun and I'm learning a lot, but I think I will enjoy high school more.
3. My running adventures have all but come to a halt because I hate cold weather, but I have ambitious plans for when it gets warmer out and I'm trying to keep in shape in the meantime.
That list was shorter than I anticipated. I guess my life is even less exciting than I thought. Oh well. There are worse things. To spice things up, following are this year's New Year's Resolutions that I may or may not actually do. (I was surprisingly good at doing them last year so my hopes are high.)
Becky's 2010 New Year's Resolutions:
1. Read the Old Testament and The Book of Mormon
2. Practice piano twice a week
3. Don't do homework on Sundays
4. Run a marathon
5. Stop swearing
I think all of these are attainable, except maybe #5 since I've already failed. But I have until the end of the year to break this habit, so I'll keep trying.