Thursday, January 21, 2010

Accomplishments

I've accomplished a lot since I last posted two days ago and I think those accomplishments should be acknowledged.. by me.. on my blog. They are as follows:

1. I finished LOST season 4

2. I had a much needed reunion with Mallory

3. I watched LOST season 5 episode 1, "Because You Left"

4. I traded in my desktop rental for a laptop rental and my entire world has been changed for the better

5. I watched LOST season 5 episode 2, "The Lie"

6. I wrote a lesson plan for 8th grade English and taught it, which was a lot of fun and the teacher I'm working with said I did a "fantastic job" (teaching junior high seems like it would be easy, and it wasn't rocket science, but I was nervous about it so this one is a legitimate accomplishment for me)

7. I watched LOST season 5 episode 3, "Jughead"

8. I had an In n Out shake

9. I watched LOST season 5 episode 4, "The Little Prince"

Impressive list, huh? Welcome to my life. I don't know what the deal is with me and lists lately, but it seems to be working for me. I'm sure it's just a phase and that I'll get over it, but you never know. Maybe lists will be my new thing.

LOST Update: I'm not sure how I feel about all this over-the-top time traveling. The fact that it keeps happening is starting to get annoying but it was pretty epic when Jin (who is STILL ALIVE) ran into Rousseau on the beach SIXTEEN YEARS EARLIER!! Other than that, Sawyer is still my favorite and I really don't see that changing in the near future. He would have to do something really ridiculous to make me switch to team Jack, and even then, I would probably just switch to team Desmond or Sayid or something anyway.

Real Life Update: Teaching junior high was the bomb. They were fun and nice to me. Also, this one girl said that "Miss Teacher(me) was prettitude." It's a compliment. You'd understand if you were 13. Solid. I'm going to try to get my professor to come in and watch me teach tomorrow so hopefully that goes well too. Also, there's only one more day until the weekend. I love three day weekends because not only is it a three day weekend, but then the next weekend is only four days away. Good work, Martin L.

How do you answer people's questions when they leave comments on your blog? I don't know.. so I'm dedicating the last few lines of this blog to that. Linsey, Erin is on the bandwagon. She's in season one right now and it wasn't even my doing. But LOST is an incredible show. Kellie, my resolutions last year, if I remember correctly, were to read the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price, to run a half marathon, to do my own taxes (and by that I meant give them to someone besides my dad to do), and the rest were kind of vague like "eat better" and "manage finances better" and so I just said I did them because I think I did better than the year before.

3 comments:

Mal Pal said...

love your list. thanks for the shout out.

Shannon said...

You are quite the accomplished girl! Seriously Lost is the best. I'm getting really impatient for the final season to start. Then I will go back and watch the whole series marathon style.

Props to you for student teaching middle school! You know my mom teaches middle school, so I think all middle school teachers are heroes. :)

Merrill Family said...

Lists are thee best thing ever.It makes a boring day feel like you have really been productive!

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones