Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Once Bitten and Twice Shy

I'm getting in the Christmas spirit, listening to my favorite Christmas song, and wondering what the line, "Once bitten and twice shy" means. Is he talking about a hickey? And being shy? Please share with me your thoughts because I can't figure it out. I have a few theories though...
I was thinking it might be that he was bitten by his lover's viciousness. That happens all the time. In fact, I know exactly how the sting of that poisonous bite feels. Or is he talking about something entirely different? Did his lover actually used to bite him? Is that like an inside thing? Twice shy I think is a little bit easier because it probably just means something about how he's shy and couldn't talk to her or he's trying to be shy now, or maybe she was too shy to give him any and it was really frustrating for him. Anyway, these things cause him to keep his distance, but she still catches his eye. I wonder if she recognizes him. I mean, it's been a year, so it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't, but still, I mean, he gave her his heart. If George Michael (no not the one from Arrested Development) gave me his heart, I'd take it and guard it with my life! I only wish I were the someone special he gave it to this year because I would definitely save him from tears, unless we're talkin tears of joy. Those I could not stop from flowing.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

It means, once you get burned by someone, you are super cautious the next time around.
I love Wham.
I love Becky.

Mal Pal said...

two days in a row? woot. and a whole blog devoted to wham. i love it.

Myk said...

please don't tell me this is your favorite Christmas song...funny joke Miss Becky.

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones