Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Arrivederci

This is a big day for me. I took the last Italian final that I will ever take in my life and I did pretty well on it. At least the professor said that we did a good job and that he was impressed, so I'll take that as a good sign and hope that means a B in the class. Anyway, all that really matters is that I passed and I'm done with Italian and I can start focusing on becoming a better writer and reader in the English language which is what I signed up for in the first place. You have no idea what a relief this is for me! It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders that was put on them two and a half years ago! That's a good feeling, lemme tell ya. But the good thing is that I now can get by speaking Italian and can appreciate the beauties of Italy and dream about going there instead of just dreading my next Italian exam. And this means that I'm just that much closer to graduating. I knew once I got to be a second year senior, I would be less thrilled about being here. But the good news is that the end is in sight and I still have a little while before it just gets really sad because I have to say goodbye to everything and everyone.

Speaking of saying goodbye, me and Sue had a really sad goodbye to say today to our friend Mr. Dan Blackner. You may not know him, but that really is a shame, sort of like how it's a shame that he's moving back home and we may never see him again. He is such a great guy and Dan, if you're reading thing, we miss you already. :(

It really is way sad saying goodbye to people because they have to leave and there's nothing you can do about it. The world is too big and there are too many people in it. That's what I think. If there were less of us, we wouldn't all have to say goodbye so dang much. It's just a huge bummer. But, like everything else, goodbyes are a part of life and that's ok. Hopefully one of these days, I'll have to say goodbye to everyone so that I can go to Italy and use all that I've learned over the past two and half years. I better get something out of that painful experience.

I also just want to put a little plug in here at the end of my blog for the band Thriving Ivory. They are not amazing by any means, and the lead singer is a weirdie for sure, but the odd way in which he moves his mouth when he sings and his one of a kind crazy sounding voice have won me over. Watch the music video/listen to the song "Angels on the Moon". It's nuts. I love it.

Plug number two: Enya's new Christmas CD, "And Winter Came..." is a gem. I got it last night and I've already listened to it at least three times. Thank you, Sammy! :)

3 comments:

Mal Pal said...

i adore you

Susie said...

I raise the roof in honor of this blog post.

Theresa said...

Hi Becky! Cindy and I went to Italy a few years back (she had done a semester there), and it is amazing! And you'll be so much better off knowing the language... perhaps a mission call there?

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones