Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mothers

"Motherhood defines our very identity, our divine stature and nature, and the unique traits, talents, and tendencies our Father gave us...

"No woman who understands the gospel would ever think that any other work is more important or would ever say, 'I am just a mother,' for mothers heal the souls of men...

"Our challenge is to stand steadfast and immovable and unflinching as mothers in Israel and women of God. Our Father and His Only Begotten Son have given us a sacred stewardship and a holy crown in Their kingdom. May we rejoice in it. And may we be worthy of Their trust."

Sheri Dew
No One Can Take Your Place (pages 30, 37, and 38)

Thanks, Mom! :)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

You know that made your mom cry, right? :) Heck, it made me cry.

It's funny because even though you grow up in the church knowing that you want (or should want) to be a mother it's still such a huge adjustment. I had an interesting transition into motherhood. It makes me feel good to look back and realize how far I've come and how much more happy and fulfilled I am as a mother these days. Thanks for sharing!

corduroy said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I am so blessed to be your mom. I love you! :)
(And I think I'll read that book again!!)

Merrill Family said...

Well I guess I'll stop yelling at my kids and be a better mother today! Thanks Becky...I think you have the best mother is the world along with Grandma!

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones