Monday, July 26, 2010

Sick Yo

I've been sick for the past week and it only seems to be getting worse... although it wasn't too bad when I woke up this morning... so that's good. But, in general, I think it's getting worse because DayQuil and NyQuil are starting to have no effect whatsoever on me. Boo. Oh well. I'll just try and get lots of sleep and drink lots of water and drink yummy vitamin C drinks and lay out all the time. Being sick is the worst. But it does give you an excuse to be lazy, which can be nice sometimes. And at least I'm not in the middle of finals or something. So I guess I should count my blessings.

Besides being sick, yesterday was such a fantastic day. It was one of those days that wasn't super eventful but was just so so good. First of all, I went to church, which I haven't done in two months. It's not because I don't want to go. In fact, I've been trying to go for the past three weeks, but I've been on vacation a lot and haven't been able to. It was like taking a deep breathe after shallow breathing for two months. I will never go that long without going to church again. It was awful. It was like everything was fine, good even, but something was missing and it was so good to get it back.

Another thing I hadn't done in two months is visiting teaching, and I just thought about it and remembered that it's not that hard and I should just do it. I knew I would be out of town again next week so I figured I would get it done even though my companion wasn't around. It was so good. I got to meet this lovely girl in my ward and talk about the Gospel. That's what life's all about. Not to be cheesy or anything, but I really mean it. I've been having so much fun lately, but three hours at church and a half hour with my visiting teachee and I somehow feel SO much better. We keep ourselves busy for various reasons. I think I do it sometimes so that I don't have to deal with hard things and I can just have fun, which is a stupid reason to do anything. But it really amazed me how the church could just ground me and bring me peace again even though nothing was noticeably wrong in my life.

The day kept right on being awesome because Quinn was in town and I got to see him and then after I took him and his brother to the airport, I got to hang out with Mallory and her parents for a little bit, which always makes me happy, and then I drove home and loaded up with NyQuil and went to sleep. It was just a really good day and I luffed it. :)

No comments:

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones