Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Endless Summer

As much as I would love to say that this post is about me traveling around the world surfing for ten years, it's not.  It is, however, about how fantastic my summer has been thus far. I went into this summer thinking I would be a workaholic and go on a couple trips, but that it would in no way compare to the incredible summer I had last year. But, like most things in my life, it has been not what I expected at all so far. In the words of our buddy Mick, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you neeeed."

And oh boy did I need all the good times this summer has brought me. First, I quit my job at Los, which came as as much of a surprise to me as to everyone else, but oh my gosh!! I can not express to you my joy at having left that place! It was good place to work for the over two years that I put into it, but being done with it feels more right than picking up some douche bag's litter in one of our beautiful national forests, which, trust me, feels pretty dang right. Finances are tighter, but my mental health is much improved, which is generally more important to me.

Other than that, I've gone on some sweet trips, developed a love for Eminem and Lady Gaga, made new friends, and gotten closer to the ones I already had. I love going on trips and doing fun new things so much! It makes me feel like I'm living my life instead of just existing. But the thing that I really love the most is the people that surround me. I am so lucky to know so many amazing people! And it never ceases to amaze me how different everyone in this world is and how much each of us has to offer. I've met a few people in particular who have really impressed me and I'm so glad I met them because they make me want to be a better person.

One person that changed my life for the better was a lady at Glen Ivy Day Spa with some type of accent. I didn't even actually hear her, but Mallory said that as she left the mud bath place, she said to her friends, "I feel so renewed!" Of course me and Mal quoted her for the rest of the trip and will probably continue to quote her for quite some time to come, but I loved it! She was so excited to put mud all over herself and wash it off! Mud is the best! And yes.. me and Mal are official members of Club Mud. We got all covered in the gook and let it dry and then washed it off. Turns out, that stuff works miracles.

Anyway, holy moly, what a great summer! And there's more to come... Bear Lake, Havasupai, Yellowstone, possibly Zion's, rodeos, Fiesta Days, Kings of Leon, and hopefully lots more awesome people. Stay classy, Crab Cooker!

No comments:

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones