Saturday, August 23, 2008

Memory Lane

This is the end of an era. I'm moving out of the Riviera in less than a week. After two years of both laughter and tears it's finally time to move on. Let's take a walk down memory lane...

There I was, walking off the plane in the good old SLC airport feeling wicked confident. Soon I found that the Long Beach airport had lost my luggage. Optimism won, thank goodness, and I was excited to have my luggage dropped off at my new apartment. Onward we went to Provo. I arrived at my apartment alone with one bag full of hangers and jewelry and had to stay up until 3a.m. for the luggage guy to deliver my bag. I was feeling pretty lonely and sad.

But things got better. I lost two amazing roommates to marriage, housed a bunny, had plenty of unwelcome as well as welcome drama, met some fantastically amazing people, did the Christmas program, became the everlasting RS Secretary, and then last summer happened.

Ahhh.. last summer. A time of friendship, dating, pool basketball, drama and amazingly good times. I look back on that time with fondness. I think we all do.

Then Fall and Winter came around. I lost two wonderful roommates, Megan and Briahnna to Vienna and Davin and got three more amazing ones, Sammy, Susan, and Emily. Then things got a little sticky. I lost my honor, my money, and my schooling, and spent a lot of time working and trying to survive. But it wasn't all bad. I had a wonderful bishop, friends, and a boyfriend that helped me more than I deserved and there was a light at the end of the tunnel...

I got some sweet jobs and started saving some sweet money and had an incredible summer living the single life, getting back on my feet, and feeling pretty dang good about the way my life was turning out. I didn't mean to stay at the Riviera for so long, but I can't imagine the last two years without it. The people I've met and the things that have happened here have changed my life for the better and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Here's to the nights we felt alive. Here's to the tears we knew we'd cry. Here's to goodbye. Next Friday's gonna come too soon.

2 comments:

Mal Pal said...

next friday is coming way too soon. best two weeks of my life. We'll chill south of campus. I guess.

britt said...

I have heard that many a people lose their honor whilst living at "The Riv" but I have never known one--until now. It's a good thing that I got out of BYU when I did, because after our intense conversation under the mighty (okay, miniature)tree by the library it was clear that I was headed for some after midnight trouble. I'm glad we could share that moment and I'm honored (no pun intended) to call you my friend and (former/present/future/forever) bandmate.

I only have one question for you--where exactly did you move to? And do you feel it will meet your expectations? Yes, that is two questions, but they are on the same topic, so I feel justified making my earlier statement.

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones