Thursday, June 10, 2010

1987

1987 was the best year in the history of time because it was the year I came into the world.
It was also a great year for music.
About half of these songs are on my list of favorite songs of all time.
Maybe it's because I heard them in the womb or maybe it's because 1987 was just a great year!
The following are the top forty hits of 1987.
Enjoy.

Coming in at #40, we have "I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight" by Cutting Crew
#35: "You Keep Me Hanging On" by Kim Wilde

#29: "Head To Toe" by Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam

#23: "Shake Your Love" by Debbie Gibson

#19: "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2

#17: "Open Your Heart" by Madonna

#13: "With or Without You" by U2

#11: "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" by Starship

#9: "Heaven Is A Place On Earth" by Belinda Carlisle



#8: "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake


#7: "Livin' On A Prayer" by Bon Jovi

#3: "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Love Me) by Whitney Houston

And last but not least, topping the chart at #1, we have...
"Faith" by George Michael


I hope you've enjoyed reminiscing with me. :)
Following this link to see all 100 top hits from 1987.
Also, for Miss Ashley Warner's version for 1988, click here.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Best blog post of all time.

ashley.warner said...

So many GREAT songs! You've inspired me to do my own music post!
I especially love WHITESNAKE, BON JOVI, GEORGE MICHAEL, and HEART! <3

corduroy said...

Love it!!! Don't you love Bon Jovi's hair and baby face? And U2 looks exactly the same! I remember some of those videos really well; of course I did a lot of dancing in the living room in those days! And I had the Whitney Houston and "Faith" cds.....no wait!....they were cassette tapes! I think I'll watch George Michael one more time before I go back to bed!!! LOL.

corduroy said...

Haha. 1988 wasn't bad either! My faves are Rick Astley and MJ, of course.

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones